Monday, August 27, 2018

How does one find more time in the day?

With so many demands on our time, including trying to make time to do nothing, how do successful people do it all? One method is scheduling.  Schedule everything and write everything down.  This becomes a bible of sorts.  It is the book that keeps everything flowing.   I use my calendar in my phone but I've found that it isn't always reliable.  That is something for me to work on.

Another idea that is gaining traction is a simple one - get up earlier.  Specifically 4am.
In this Wall Street Journal article, it states that at this hour, there are fewer distractions.  A motivated person can get so much done.  
why-4-a-m-is-the-most-productive-hour-

This time doesn't even have to be spent on work, it can be used for personal time, like meditation or working out.   I took a class offered through my employer and one of the segments was offering up an area of improvement in your personal life.   My area was waking up earlier to work out.  I know I should get up 30 minutes earlier but I don't.   The suggestion was get up 5 minutes earlier, to start.  Anyone can manage 5 minutes earlier, right?

Of course, if I got up at 4, there would be lots of time to get things done.   Working out, class work, bill paying, reading relevant and meaningful news.... Many things and I'd be in control of them, rather than letting them happen to me.
Again, many of the more successful CEO's use this strategy. Really, many of the more successful people use this method.  

It is certainly something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment